Friday, July 10, 2015

Summer blues


With endless days and no driver license (yet, I'm working on that), my life has become so monotonous it's not even funny. My dog has become my best friend and I find myself switching off between my laptop, episodes of Friends, and a few pages of Love in the Time of Cholera. Needless to say my life is currently experiencing a funk. Although, I don't want to feel bad about it because as soon as I begin college in the fall I will be dreaming about the days when I had nothing to do. In an attempt to make the most of my situation I have decided to switch things up in my everyday routine and try to live my life to the fullest..because in reality I'm not getting any younger.


  • Make little things special! For example, eat breakfast outside or sunbathe. In this month's issue of Shape magazine they suggested sleeping outside for one night under the stars, with a lot of time to spare there really is nothing to lose.
  • Pick up a new habit. This is the time to try new things, like a new workout routine, or yoga. Maybe go to the library and check out a new book to read. I have recently come across a new website called Coursera where they offer hundreds of free online courses! It's a great source to keep yourself occupied and they offer a ton of different topics ranging from science to self-help.
  • Enjoy! It's ok to have nothing to do, it gives you more time to experience yourself and figure out things. Don't rush yourself and just relax, one day you will be craving the days you were able to pick your feet up and not worry about deadlines.

I hope this has helped some of you and it's ok to spend time by yourself! I read this really interesting quote by Douglas Coupland that has had me thinking,
"The time that you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself"
Thank you for reading, until next time :)
-Val

No comments:

Post a Comment