Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Coco for Coconut Oil


If there is one thing most people know about me it is that I am completely, 100%, crazy in love with anything coconut! I love the scent, the taste, and above all the amazing benefits of coconut. Coconut oil in particular is amazing!!

Although it is solid at room temperature, it can melt easily making it easy to apply to your skin, hair, and body. Here are a few reasons why I am so obsessed:

 1. Hair Care
Coconut oil is amazing for hydrating your hair and promoting hair growth. It provides your hair with essential proteins that help dry, damaged hair. I either apply it all over my head as a hair mask overnight or for a few hours.

2. Skin Care
Appying coconut oil to your face and skin is the perfect moisturizer. It helps prevent wrinkles and it moisturizes the skin giving you soft and smooth glowy skin! I love to massage it all over my body before I go to bed, so when I wake up I have soft skin. I have also noticed that applying it right after I shave helps prevent itchiness which is an added bonus.

3. Cooking
I was never used to cooking with coconut oil until recently and I am so happy I have! Because of the high lauric acid (a healthy saturated fat), it lowers high cholesterol. If that isn't enough when ingested, it aids in a faster metabolism because it travels straight to the liver and is then used for energy. I usually cook my eggs with coconut oil and it is perfect!

It's popularity has made it easily accessible but my personal favorite is Nature's Way Coconut Oil
Nature's Way Coconut Oil

If those aren't reasons enough, you can also use coconut oil as a makeup remover, a cuticle softener, and a shaving cream. I hope you can also enjoy the amazing benefits of coconut oil and if you use it for any other thing I would love to hear about it in the comments below.

-Val

No comments:

Post a Comment