Sunday, July 5, 2015

Cleanse

Ever since I have gotten back from my vacation i've had the strongest urge just to cleanse myself of social media and technology... and frankly I don't know how to get back on it. Being away from the internet is something that is so relaxing! I've discovered an internal peace but I know that living in this day and age it is unrealistic to completely cut social media and technology but I wonder how different it would be if we didn't have it


A year ago, the idea of cutting social media from my life would have seemed ridiculous. Except recently I have found a greater desire to be off the internet. So about two months ago I went cold turkey with Twitter and completely deleted it!! I remember at first it was very difficult and I found myself with so much more spare time because I wasn't just looking down at my phone for updates from my friends. That was when I finally made my blog (after much consideration) and now I cannot even imagine my life with Twitter! Now I do know it nearly impossible to cut yourself from all social media and in reality I do not want to..I love my Snapchat and Instagram! But I do think there should be a way to live a balanced life that can allow us to live in the moment while still use social media.

I try to leave my phone at home if I'm just going to run a small errand or leave it in my purse as much as possible if I am with my friends or family. I've also observed how most people are always on their phones when they are alone and I am extremely guilty of this. I've been trying to look up especially when I am alone despite how weird I think I look..but just imagine how much more approachable we would look if we weren't just on our phones when we are alone.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”― Eleanor Roosevelt

This week I challenge you to join me in staying off social media for at least two days! That means no Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc for two days! Just breath in the moment and next time your alone just look up for five minutes and enjoy! This is our life and we are letting slip away behind screens.. let's live in the moment and make our life as long as possible!


Now i'm off to watch some shark week! I hope you have had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!
-Val

No comments:

Post a Comment