Thursday, June 18, 2015

Cruisin'


With summer almost among us, there is one thing on everyone's mind...VACATION! It is such a wonderful time to get away and allow yourself to unplug and let go of deadlines. While I love going on vacation, I know i'm not alone when I say I absolutely dread packing. I am currently in the middle of packing and I have realized the terrible truth; I have planned way too many outfits. So, I have made a helpful packing guide that will hopefully ease your packing anxieties (mine too).


When you're going away to a summer beach vacation there are a number of obvious things you need, such as: sunscreen, hats, bathing suits, cover ups...you know the drill. Among packing there comes the tendencies to pack a million things of everything but it is important to prioritize the things you really really need. For example, I really want to focus on my fitness on my upcoming cruise. I love working out and I didn't want to put it in the back burner given there is so much extra time when you're on a relaxing vacation. So I did pack some extra workout gear because I know I will spend a lot of time wearing it. Tip numero uno: Prioritize!

Shoes...This is one of the more difficult things for me to pack because I never know when too much is too much. But I have narrowed it down and hopefully it will help you:
-a pair of flip flops you can wet and wear by the pool or beach
-a pair of daytime sandals you can throw on when you're going out for lunch or shopping
-a pair of nighttime sandals that you can wear with your dressier outfits
-a pair of walking shoes you can wear if it sometime gets too chilly at night (converse, vans, whatever your favorites are)
-a pair of running shoes

This may seem a little obvious but really get travel sized items! It saves up so much room in your suitcase. Target has a great selection of travel sized items. You can also buy travel container that you can fill with your personal favorites.

Last but not least makeup. When you're packing for vacation there is a tendency to think you need more than you actually do. In reality you won't end up wearing as much makeup as you do when you're at home, so make sure to pack the essentials: concealer, mascara, an eyebrow pencil, and lip balm! You'll have that sun kissed glow that will make you look absolutely stunning, there's no need to cover that up with layers of foundation.

There you go! I hope this helps when you're packing for your vacation and just remember you never need as much as you think you do. Breath, relax, and prioritize what you really need.
Bon voyage!!
-Val

No comments:

Post a Comment